- What amazing thing have you done that no one was around to see?
A dance performance at a state level competition. No one cared to come watch that performance. Even my mother who used to watch all my performances, she did not come with me. I realised that day, that taking it up professionally was out of the question at my home.
- How different was your life 1 year ago?
I was in Mumbai. And I loved it there. A busy life, with so much work, that I hardly bothered to think much.
- What quirks do you have?
I don’t think I have any.
- What would you rate 10/10?
- What fad or trend do you think should come back?
Honesty, ever wonder if being honest was in trend?
- What is the most interesting piece of art you’ve seen?
A lot many actually at houstonphotojourney.com by Elizabeth and Max, but most favourite recently was “The Colourful Wave” by Carol Simon.
- What kind of art do you enjoy most?
I am sorry, I can’t be specific here. But may be abstract.
- What do you hope never changes?
I know I’d be wanting something that’s never going to happen, so why hope for something like that. Change is inevitable..
- What city would you most like to live in?
- What movie title best describes your life?
- Why did you decide to do the work you are doing now?
I just bumped into this work, had never even planned it.
- What’s the best way a person can spend their time?
Travelling and reading.
- If you suddenly became a master at woodworking, what would you make?
A tree house?
- Where is the most relaxing place you’ve ever been?
Lonavla. Just to think of sitting near waterfall, near the cool atmosphere, the green hills.. Oh I thought I was already there!
- What’s the luckiest thing that has ever happened to you?
It’s when my brother was born, that’s the only day that I can’t forget.
- Where would you rather be from?
I did not quite understand this question. Away from a place or where would I want to belong? Any which ways, I am happy where I am.
- What are some things you’ve had to unlearn?
I have had to unlearn the basic norms taught to a girl in India. You ought to do this, and not that, dress like this and not that, you can do this, and not that….
Okay, even my life hasn’t been totally perfect, and I am not saying that I haven’t made adjustments as a girl, but I am trying and will keep trying to alter it as far as I can. But I have changed myself and unlearnt the basics girly norms taught to me as I was growing up. And believe me you don’t know how big a task this is! You think you know, but you don’t.
- What do you look forward to in the next 6 months?
Going out somewhere, like some place that I haven’t been to.
- What website do you visit most often?
Shopping websites. I live in a very small place where I hardly get good stuff, so I rest on these websites for any kind of shopping.
- What one thing do you really want but can’t afford?
A luxurious home. (You know the description:-p)
- Where do you usually go when you have free time?
A café, I carry a book, order a cup of coffee and just get lost in the fictional world. (Until of course someone bumps into me, which is really very often considering my city to be so small.)
- Where would you spend all your time if you could?
Any hill station or somewhere near the ocean. I guess you get the picture.
- What’s special about the place you grew up?
It has the amount of greenery you’d never have seen at a particular place. There is not a single road here which is not surrounded by trees. I can bet on that.
- What age do you want to live to?
I’d like my life to be short. My grandma is alive at 90+ and she is in so much pain, I’d definitely want to avoid anything near to that.
- What are you most likely to become famous for?
I don’t want to be famous, I’d just be happy if people would say that I did something with my life.
- What are you absolutely determined to do?
To change at least one person’s belief and their way of looking down on women. Even if I succeed in changing one conservative person’s mind towards women, I’d think I at least did something, even that little change will make me happy. Even if only one woman can be helped by such change, I’d be happy.
- What is the most impressive thing you know how to do?
Okay, so by now I think I am just praising myself here.
People have often said that when I dance I can play with my facial expressions, I can dance with my face, with my eyes, that’s what people say, and that I guess if it’s true then is the most impressive thing about me.
- What do you wish you knew more about?
About the mysteries involved in the past, there ought to be a lot more than we know.
- What question would you most like to know the answer to?
What is my future like?
- What question can you ask to find out the most about a person?
If I knew the answer to this, I am pretty sure I’d be a better judge of people.