- Who has impressed you most with what they’ve accomplished?
Every single person who strives hard for his goal is an inspiration to me, especially the optimist ones.
- What age do you wish you could stay at permanently?
I don’t wish that. It is a part of life, I cannot stop that, I want to enjoy each and every aspect of life, from being naïve and careless to being wise and responsible. I want to grow old and have experienced life. That’s all I want. I do not wish to remain at a place. No, that is not what life is for. Not for me. I’d like to say one day “I haven’t grown my hair white overnight” Sorry I know the Hindi idiom sounds right here. I couldn’t just translate it best. “Dhhop me baal saffed nahi hue hain beta” Hahahah I think that would be fun too.
- What TV show or movie do you refuse to watch?
Crime petrol. (related to crime reality) I used to watch it so much, that I was obsessed it at a point of time, so much so that I started being scared of my own people, of the people that I used to meet often, I wouldn’t even want to go alone at night alone. That is when I realised I had to stop watching it. Being protective for yourself was different, and being over protective, even in your own room was different.
- What’s your ideal way to spend a weekend?
When I used to stay in Mumbai, my answer would have been sure ‘A weekend trip to Goa’ but since I am no more there, I do not have many options. I would satisfy myself now with a good evening spent here somewhere nearby, possibly a place I have not been to, a movie may be, and then a good dinner. I’d want the next day to just read and write on my terrace as there isn’t much really around here, as my friend Elizabeth has in Houston.
- What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without?
My laptop? I don’t know any other ‘luxury’ that I might not have lived without.
- What is your claim to fame?
Don’t know much about fame. I’d be happy if I achieve my goals.
- What is something you enjoy doing the old-fashioned way?
Reading newspaper. I don’t like news apps though they update you almost every single hour.
And dating, hate the dating apps too. I mean there are people who can find their soul mates there, but me? No way! I have trust issues with my own people, let alone with some random guy on some dating app!
- What’s your favorite book or movie genre?
Except for horror I can really pick up any book and read it. And honestly I can finish it too, I mean I am only proud of one thing, I never leave anything incomplete, whether it is good or bad, I don’t know, but I do it. Even if I don’t like the book much, I’ll finish it. Same goes with any other thing too. I go till then end.
- How often do you people-watch?
Rarely! Only when I travel.
- What have you only recently formed an opinion about?
That people are really too obsessed about other people’s business, especially in India and also especially women. I mean please just stop it, you aren’t going to feel any good when they do it with you.
- What’s the best day of the year?
I don’t know how to answer this, but I am happy when I am travelling. But yes, I can say the best day of my life, that is when my brother was born. I was so overjoyed that I lied about an exam at home and missed school. I did get to hear a lot though, but it was all worth it when I got to meet my baby brother just moments after he was born, though they allowed me to hold him only after he was brought home, under proper care of my mother.
- What subject interests you that not many people have heard of?
- How do you relax after a long day of work?
Comedy shows, and then after a while reading. I am a freak for both like there is nothing more soothing than reading and honestly no one laughs much these days, not the loud ones, only a small smile. I like the natural laugh where your stomach makes that stupid sound, where your cheeks and jaws ache, and tears are just a moment away. I guess very few shows do that but the idea seems nice. And also apart from these comedy shows and series there is pretty much nothing to laugh at, at the end of the day, except of course your own life.
- What’s the best book series or TV series you’ve ever read or watched?
The shiva trilogy- Amish tripathi
That’s the only series that come to my mind now that was gripping.
And also the Clifton chronicles by Jeffrey archer. I am yet to read the last part though.
- Where is the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
Mumbai-26 hours away by train, lived there for almost two years.
- What’s the most heartwarming thing you’ve ever seen?
A lot many, I can’t choose one. There have been so many times when I have just gone ‘AWWW’ to the extent of having tears. Like a small baby just not wanting to leave you, when you are not even that good with kids. What must he want form you? What must he have seen in you to want to stay with you, when his own parents were leaving.
- What is the most annoying question people ask you?
When are you getting married?
I mean if I knew it from now, I’d ask you to ‘save the date’. But I don’t even have a man in my life, then what type of question is that.
- What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with no preparation?
- If you were the dictator on a small island nation, what crazy dictator stuff would you do?
I’d make every woman a queen and give them the POWER to order men!
(Sorry for being so rude to men!) But it’s only imaginary.
- What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?
Go on a solo trip.
- Would you rather go hand gliding or whitewater rafting?
White water rafting. As much as I love water, I am also scared of it but I’d still so that.
- What’s your dream car?
Not so much fond of cars, but I like mini cooper.
- What’s worth spending more on to get the best?
- What is something a ton of people are obsessed with, but you just don’t get?
Snapchat? I don’t know people are obsessed with a lot of things lately.
- What are you most looking forward to in the next 10 years?
Oh God? 10 years? I don’t know what am I to do a month from now!
- Where is the most interesting place you’ve been?
- What’s something you’ve been meaning to try but haven’t gotten around to it?
Get a stagnant job. I have been switching places, and jobs so often that I am not sure whether I am even made for a 9 to 5 job!
- What is the best thing that happened to you last week?
Thinking, give me some time,…
Honestly last week was terrible, but this started off really great, I am going to tell you all very soon about it. 😀
- What piece of entertainment do you wish you could erase from your mind, only to experience it for the first time again?
We went on a trip to Goa with my cousins a few years back, I’d love to re-live that.
- If all jobs had the same pay rate and hours, what job would you want to have?
Wedding planning, or traditional fashion (If that’s even a thing.)
Continue reading Know the blogger #2